Cliff's History -- An illustrious history! (not just blowing smoke...)
In 1953, Cliff Thoene decided that Lincoln needed a new shop to provide the finest tobaccos, cigars, and gifts for the discerning smoker. So, on the west side of 12th street between "O" and "P" streets, "Cliff's Smoke and Gift Shop" was born. A few years later, Cliff moved the shop to the "Lindell Hotel," located where the US Bank building is today at 13th and "M" Street.
When the hotel was torn down in the mid 1960's, Cliff moved the shop again to 1204 "O" Street and continued enlarging the store to include Lincoln's FIRST Walk-in Cigar Humidor. Cliff remained in this location until 1985, when he moved the shop to its' present location -- across the street from it's original site.
With the torch having been passed to Miles Johnston and Jay Staley, today,
Cliff's remains Nebraska's OLDEST Continuously operating tobacco shop.
We look forward to bringing you the finest cigars, pipes, tobacco, cigarettes, and gifts well into to figure.
Come see us where we've been since 1985, and will be for years to come:
Between "O" and "P" streets on 12th between Captain Jacks and Starbucks.